I don’t recall having done any tags in this blog yet ever, so I figured why not do this super cool and interesting tag I found on Thrice Read’s WordPress blog site. 🙂
You can find thrice read’s post here.
1. DO YOU GET SICK WHILE READING IN THE CAR?
Yes, sadly I can’t read nor play games while in a moving vehicles. I will barf all over your car.
2. WHICH AUTHOR’S WRITING IS COMPLETELY UNIQUE TO YOU AND WHY?
Ooooh, tricky. I would say, Edgar Allan Poe’s writing style is completely unique for me in comparison to all the other author’s I’ve came across with. His writing style has an eerie tone to it but its kinda hard to digest–reading something of his would take a lot of concentration to grasp. Its both chaotic and beautiful at the same time.
3. HARRY POTTER SERIES OR TWILIGHT SAGA? GIVE 3 POINTS TO DEFEND YOUR ANSWER.
Harry Potter series, of course.
3. Magical Creatures
4. DO YOU CARRY A BOOK BAG? IF SO, WHAT IS IN IT (BESIDES BOOKS)?
No, but I do carry my current read whenever I’m out for work other than my Kindle. So technically, I turned my hobo/hand bag into a book bag?
So lets break down the things I have in my handbag then? Yes?
My sketchbook, Work Planner, Personal Planner, Make-Up Pouch, Pencil Case/Pouch, Swiss Army Knife, Power Bank, Wallet, and my keys.
5. DO YOU SMELL YOUR BOOKS?
Every. Single. Time.
6. BOOKS WITH OR WITHOUT LITTLE ILLUSTRATIONS?
Depends on the book, to be honest. Some books I find not having the need of illustrations to support the story, some books I needed a little help with. With little to no illustrations gives me freedom to picture-out the whole story based on my personal preferences but with illustrations, it kinda limits me to what I actually see AND SOMETIMES–would give me unsatisfactory feelings for the “characters” or “scenery” not meeting my expectations.
7. WHAT BOOK DID YOU LOVE WHILE READING BUT DISCOVERED LATER IT WASN’T QUALITY WRITING?
Little Vampire Women by Lynn Messina.
I’ve read this book for the first time in college and actually enjoyed it. Read it recently for kicks and got disappointed a lot.
8. WHAT IS THE THINNEST BOOK ON YOUR SHELF?
On my actual physical shelf, its The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.
On my kindle library, its Rikki-Tikki-Tavi.
9. WHAT IS THE THICKEST BOOK ON YOUR SHELF?
The Stand, by Stephen King. The edition I have sitting on my shelf has 1300+ pages.
10. WHEN DID YOU GET INTO READING?
I started getting into reading back when I was around 4th grade. I was the kid that can’t make friends that well, so I usually retreat to the school library and found friends there through classics. 🙂
11. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CLASSIC BOOK?
Not entirely sure if this is considered a classic book, but to me it is. William Golding’s Lord of the Flies.
12. IN SCHOOL WHAT WAS YOUR BEST SUBJECT?
Surprisingly I was really, really, really good at Science.
15. IF YOU WERE GIVEN A BOOK AS A PRESENT THAT YOU HAD READ AND HATED, WHAT WOULD YOU DO?
I might give it a second chance and read it again–now if it changed my mind as to how I have misjudged that book then I’ll keep it. Otherwise, I’ll donate or trade it at my local bookstore/thrift shop.
16. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE WORD?
Its not actually a word, but more of a phrase? its Tempus Fugit. I picked it up from Hearts in Atlantis by Stephen King. Its Latin, it means Time Flies.
17. ARE YOU A NERD, DORK, OR DWEEB, OR ALL OF THE ABOVE?
More of a dork and a nerd in some aspects that I am particularly fond of. 🙂
18. VAMPIRES OR FAIRIES? WHY?
Fairies, because fuckin’ Galadriel and Luthien, thats why.
19. SHAPESHIFTERS OR ANGELS? WHY?
I think Shapeshifters are hella cooler than Angels, although if were talking about Seraphs and Cherubs—and not the mainstream Angels, then I may have to reconsider.
20. AND FINALLY: FULL ON ROMANCE OR ACTION-PACKED WITH A FEW LOVE SCENES MIXED IN?
I am honestly not a big fan of romance but given these choices, I am okay with Action-Packed with a FEW love scenes mixed in.
(But hey, I do like me some giddy, fuzzy, wholesome, teasing in my books every now and then.)
So that is it for this tag, feel free to do this tag when you feel like it. ❤